The Bag-O-Crete system helps to provide a simple and efficient method of constructing retaining walls in situations such as Flood Mitigation, Creek Washouts and Bridge Abutments.
The system provides an easy-to-assemble frame used for supporting the Polybag to mould each concrete block in situ.
HOW IT WORKS
- Bag-O-Crete Polybags - available in 1 and 1.5 cubic meter sizes
- Bag-O-Crete Frame
- 40mm PVC drainage pipes
- STEP 1 – Assemble the Bag-O-Crete Polybag and Frame
- STEP 2 – Insert PVC drainage pipes
- STEP 3 – Position Frame in place desired
- STEP 4 – Fill with Concrete, vibrate as you fill
- STEP 5 – Immediately cut bag away from frame
- STEP 6 – Remove frame ready to repeat steps
The system comprises:
- Two types of Bag-O-Crete Polybags – the 1 cubic metre poly bag and the 1½ cubic metre bag to accommodate the corner joins,
- 40mm drainage pipe 1,200mm in length. (2 pieces arel be required per 1 cubic meter bag and 3 pipes per 1½ cubic metre bag.
BAG-O-CRETE POLY BAGS
The Bag-O-Crete Polybag’s Patented design allows it to be quickly fitted with drainage pipe and placed ready for filling. After filling The Polybags are simply cut away allowing quick removal of the frame.The 1 cubic metre bags are used for the general length of the wall whilst the 1½ cubic metre bags are used to provide the ‘end of wall’ finish.
Level the base where the wall is to be built to accommodate the bag depth of 1 metre plus a margin (minimum 750mm) to the rear of the proposed wall for working room and the final slope of the wall.
A concrete vibrator ideally 40mm in diameter and not less than 150Hz is required to ensure proper distribution of concrete within the bag.